Keppel Dental is open. To ensure patients and staff are kept safe, we’re working in line with restrictions and guidance provided by the Australian Dental Association (ADA) and the Communicable Diseases Network of Australia (CDNA). Patients suffering from a dental emergency should call (07) 4939 2155 to arrange an appointment. All patients must phone ahead.
Keppel Dental is operating under Level 1 restrictions.
We can offer our full range of services and treatments with no hold backs.
This includes all cosmetic dentistry, such as:
Dental implants to replace missing teeth
Veneers and crowns
Composite bonding for contouring and reshaping.
If there’s a part of your smile you’re unhappy with and want to talk to your dentist about you can contact us to book any of these services.
To ensure the ongoing safety of patients and staff, we remain vigilant
Although were at Level 1, it’s still not business as usual
We continue to ask that:
Patients phone ahead and make a booking
You don’t turn up unannounced
Extra health screening questions are answered honestly
Patients respect social distancing rules within the practice
Everyone uses the hand sanitiser provided when entering and leaving the practice.
How to make an appointment and what happens next
To get the dental care you need, here’s how we’re currently operating
1. Call Keppel Dental on (07) 4939 2155, use the form on our contact page or the webchat box to arrange your appointment.
2. Our friendly reception staff will ask for details about why you need to see a dentist, along with a few extra health screening questions relating to COVID-19 symptoms or possible virus exposure.
3. If you fulfill the current screening requirements, your appointment will be the same day or the next day (If you require extra assistance or a carer to be with you during your appointment, the person with you must satisfy the same screening requirements).
4. When arriving at Keppel Dental please use the hand sanitiser provided. You may notice our waiting room looks a little different. We’ve feng shui’d it for social distancing laws. Every business is doing it, so really we’re very on-trend!
5. Your dentist will take you down to the treatment room when ready. Let them open and close any doors, and after treatment please use the hand sanitiser offered.
Help keep us and our practice safe
Keppel Dental always follows strict hygiene rules and our staff make sure you’re treated in a practice that’s squeaky clean and free from contamination
This hasn’t changed. In fact, we’ve ramped it up with extra health questions before we book a patient in, more hand sanitiser for you to use, frequent cleaning of public areas and extra notices on social distancing and hand hygiene. Keeping you healthy and feeling well has always been Keppel Dental’s aim, but we need your help to continue fulfilling this mission.
If you’re unwell or have any of the following, then we ask that you don’t come into Keppel Dental.
Shortness of breath
We also ask you don’t come in if:
You’ve been in contact with someone who is a confirmed case of COVID-19
You’ve returned from overseas and are yet to complete 14 days of quarantine
Are in a higher risk group — aged 70+, are pregnant, have a compromised immune system, have a respiratory condition such as asthma.
Remember, smiling feels good
Not only does the whole of the Keppel Dental team want to thank you for your patience and understanding at this challenging time, but we’d like to remind you to smile. A smile is something we can still share. Smiling lifts our own spirits and can help other people feel good. So keep caring for your teeth, share a smile, and look forward to the day those smiles can be joined by a hug.